Saturday, May 29, 2010

Wanted: Travel Guru

For the last year I have been saving for a trip. Originally, this trip was to be fotc related. Fotc announced their tour much sooner than I expected. So my dream fell by the wayside mostly due to budget and a crisis at work. The person I was taking to the concert became a friend to me of sorts. The best friend I've ever had really. So I rebounded very fast when my fotc dreams were not to be realized. The goal of taking the trip shifted to meeting my friend. Now I'm unsure if I still have a friend. If this is true, there's really nothing for me in this trip.

However, being Aspie I am often wrong in regards to people. If it happens I am not best friendless. I have a plea.

I need a travel guru. I need someone to be the brain I do not possess in this regard. You will be dealing with a multitude of questions and anxieties. Overall your job is to guide me. Oh why put a pretty bow on it? I flat out need someone to take charge and tell me what to do. Make me your bitch! Being told what to do provides an odd comforting solace to me. I have not traveled. Not alone. I once boarded a plane but arrangements were made prior for me. Someone picked me up at the airport and drove me around. I had a couch in a home to crash on. It was all taken care of for me. This was however 15 years ago. Since being on my own I have not traveled further than my car has taken me. I have never made a hotel reservation, flight reservation...etc. I have no idea how one gets from the airport to a hotel. Bus? Walk? Hitchhike? Someone told me you can't bring shampoo on planes? Why? How do I wash my hair? Can my laptop come with me? I don't have a cell phone. How do I communicate with people if my laptop can't come. Clueless does not even describe me. Even if this trip does not happen. Even if I have lost my friend. This is knowledge I need to have as there are others I'd like to one day visit. DM me on twitter if interested. You will have your hands full! I am a neurotic mess. See neuroti-ca blog.


No comments: