Friday, November 6, 2009

Aspies and Anxiety




This video makes a very clear illustration of how much anxiety a typical Aspie lives with. If you ever wonder why I worry sooooo much. Here it is. The only thing I disagree with is obviously, she has had access to medication. I have not been offered that by any doctor I've seen. True, I am currently getting care from the local free clinic so I may not be receiving the best. Yet, even when I pursued psychiatric help in the past for this issue, I was not offered medication. The general consensus, I have been told, is that medicine is of no help to those with Asperger's. Everything else in this video, in my opinion, is dead on. The analogy of the feeling of speaking a different language when talking to others really grabbed me. That exactly how I feel! Hope you find this video as informative as I did.